Recipe: Gluten Free Naan Bread
A crossfit fanatic friend who’s really good with her Paleo diet and recipes shared this incredibly simple paleo and gluten free naan recipe with me via My Heartbeets – just THREE simple ingredients! You’ll need almond flour, tapioca flour and coconut milk.
Spend some time on her blog as she’s also got amazing curry recipes to go with this lovely Naan!
I’ve experimented with Almond flour, soy flour and all purpose gluten free flour but found that it didn’t have that starchy texture to tie it together, it turned out a little too dense and cakey. My chef other half advises a fix – beat in 2-3 egg whites to lighten the texture if I don’t get hold of tapioca flour. Soy or Almond flour both seem to work great!
Check the original receipe from My Heartbeets blog.
This is my adaptation of it!
- ½ cup Soy Flour
- ½ cup all purpose gluten free flour/ tapioca flour
- 1 cup coconut milk – fresh from macau’s wet market or canned
- I’d add 3 beaten egg whites to this mix for a more fluffy texture, which is optional – depending on where you are and the humidity as it’s really humid here so I’m not getting the lightness.
- Mix all the ingredients together, first the flour, then coconut milk and then beaten egg whites and whisk.
- Heat a non stick pan and put the batter in
- once the batter starts fluffing up and browning on the under side flip it over