Feasting on The East Side, Hong Kong

7 Comments
Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone

img_0265-1024x768

I work right next door and don’t dine here enough given that we get a discount. Some dishes from the lunch set!

img_0260-1024x708
Deep-fried seabass in a tomato sauce, hot crisp and tangy. For anyone that likes a sweet and sour dish, and fish that is done just right and tender under the crispy skin, not mercilessly overcooked.
img_0265
Chicken tikka with a side of nan
img_0266-1024x768
A pretty good Hainanese Chicken rice, outside of Singapore!
img_0268-1024x768
Indian chicken curry—stay tuned for a mid week Bombay nights promotion every Wednesday. I’m looking forward to try the other variations of curries, this one was surprisingly a little sweeter than what I’m used to.

img_0269-1024x641
It was the desserts really, that stole our hearts. Some new desserts on the menu, banana strudel and apple crumble in bite size portions.

img_0270-1024x768
From the dessert buffet, perfect for gluttons who like to overeat. :D

Another tip, the cream of mushroom is excellent, so if you’re in the mood for lots of cream and the comfort of soup, order that.

FEAST (Food by EAST)
Monday- Sunday 630am-11pm
29 Taikoo Shing Road
Island East Hong Kong
+852 3968 3777

7 Comments

1. shelley
    May 11, 2011 @ 03:06:22

Those dessert look scrumptious! I don’t know when the last time I had a really good dessert in Beijing was… Haha – any recommendations for me? :)

2. baobabs
    May 11, 2011 @ 07:11:17

lol!!! I like those traditional chinese yogurt, I think it’s called 三元?there was one right round the corner from where i lived meeting 春秀路. other than that, I can’t help being biased as I never quite got off work, so I spent all my hard earned money at Village Café, eating the white chocolate cheesecake and churros. The apple tart and chocolate cake in Sureño is fantastic too as is the beet parfait at bei! In the area, I find the chocolate fondant and crème brulée at Mosto and Modo consistent and good too.

And oh Costa surprisingly has a really great almond custard croissant I used to treat myself to breakfast on rough mornings.

now, i’m craving dessert but i have nothing but frozen 锅贴…which i shall cook now!

3. shelley
    May 11, 2011 @ 22:30:18

Haha, thanks for the suggestions! I have a cold right now, but am craving decadent western desserts. (Is that weird..?)

4. baobabs
    May 11, 2011 @ 23:21:21

lol weird only because your tastebuds are muted and you won’t be able to taste a thing! Another nice Chinese dessert place is 满记, there’s one in the basement of raffles city dongzhimen!

5. Jamie @ Wokintime
    May 14, 2011 @ 22:41:50

That looks awesome. All I had for dinner tonight was fried rice with leftover kalbi and little smokies.

6. baobabs
    May 15, 2011 @ 10:13:44

Aw Jamie! well, if it’s any consolation, I had a big late lunch today and did not have dinner! stunning photos on your blog!!

7. shelley
    May 16, 2011 @ 23:49:58

I love 滿記! I go there at least once a week…maybe more? Every time I’m there I look through the menu from front to back and take forever to decide what I want. My boyfriend calls it my obsession with “gloopy things in soup.” What can I say, I’m Chinese!