Papa Bubble: Artisan Candy Hong Kong

papa bubble hong kong

This tiny store in Tin Hau makes all sorts of candy and customises them with names for special branded events and private parties. Great idea for wedding favours. A hidden gem on Tung Lo Wan Road, the Hong Kong outfit is an extension of its stores in Tokyo, New York, Barcelona etc.

Papa Bubble: Artisan Candy Making from Juliana Loh on Vimeo.

Papa Bubble: Artisan Candy Part II from Juliana Loh on Vimeo.

My colleague gave me some of these artisanal sweets days after I read about the store in Tokyo. I was fascinated by how it was possible to have images and text on the sweets on such a small surface area. After watching how they do it, I finally get it.

5690614356_7391dd9c7e_z

Papa Bubble
34 tung lo wan road
causeway bay
www.papabubble.com.hk
Tel: +852 23674807

6 Comments

1. Suzz
    May 10, 2011 @ 07:06:50

Oh wow! So the candies were actually so fat before they turned so slim?! Very interesting post. Thanks for sharing. :-)

2. baobabs
    May 10, 2011 @ 08:37:01

yes it’s amazing, this craft of candy!

3. Duncan
    May 11, 2011 @ 11:19:53

this is traditional Blackpool rock from my home town! Always amazing how they get the words in. Interestingly there is a chain in Singapore that does the same thing…Made in Candy.

4. baobabs
    May 11, 2011 @ 18:05:14

@duncan really?! I thought they were really neat and special, Papa Bubble is originally from Spain I think, but they have stores in New York, Amsterdam, Tokyo and even Moscow! I’m googling blackpool rock now!

5. Duncan
    May 12, 2011 @ 08:07:19

:-)

So what do you think of Blackpool rock then?

The Made in Candy place here does custom designs…get your hotel logo on some!

6. baobabs
    May 12, 2011 @ 08:44:29

@duncan i think they came before others started copying them!! it’s so clever how they make them. lol hotel logos possibly but worry if they might look too tacky, worth a thought!