Shopping in Macao beyond the Casino Malls
Shopping options in Macau are abundant with plenty of upscale malls filled with luxury brands. There is plenty of variety alongside the perks of tax free shopping and festive discounts. However, if you’re looking for something different and within modest budgets, you are probably better off shopping in the independent shops.
The best malls to pick up gifts are: Four Seasons Shoppe, the DFS boutiques in City of Dreams, more mid range brands at Venetian, Parisienne, Galaxy and Sands Cotai Central (that stretches from the Sheraton to Conrad and Holiday Inn).
- Dean & Deluca in Galaxy is a hit with the locals with little gift sets so you don’t turn up empty handed heading to a friend’s party. Louvre Café is a personal favourite of mine and they have a beautiful tea selection you can take on the go alongside some patisserie and cakes.
- Albergue’s Mercearia Portuguesa shop is another favourite of mine to pick up quirky gifts.
- Sardines at Lojas Das Conservas with beautiful packaging of different vintages and methods of brine and preservation make super lovely gifts.
4. Quarter Square: Everything is beautiful here. There’s always something new in the wonderfully curated selection of design products from near and far. Owner and principle designer has added a fair range of products for pooches from shampoo to a new clothing range coming up. Don’t forget to say bye to Copper the French bulldog and store ambassador on your way out.
images via Quarter Square
5. MOD Design Store. Colourful and kitsch, this store is located right by St Pauls Ruins with products that range from soaps to tote bags and T-shirts by the local creatives as well as well known Portuguese artists and designers.