Baking: Nectarine and peaches galette
We had a bunch of overripe peaches and nectarines in the fridge that was too soft and squishy to eat so I sliced them up and threw them into a mix of
- one teaspoon of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence (I would have used the pods if I had them)
- One teaspoon of brown coconut sugar
- a sprinkle of ground nutmeg
- a sprinkle of ground cinnamon
This is a spontaneous, cook as you go recipe, so taste and adjust how you’d like yours, more tart, more sweet and add a little more sugar or lemon juice. I used store bought filo pastry puff for the base and just folded it over the fruit mix.
Brush egg over the galette before popping it into the oven.
Bake for 35-40minutes at 220-250ºc or until golden brown.
Serve with Vanilla icecream!baking, cooking, covid diaries, dessert, filo pastry, galette, nectarine, peach, puff pastry, summer, summer fruits, tart