Travel: My Top 10 Things to do In Marrakech
Chef used to live here and absolutely love it – I think it’s a little bit of that French colonialism hangover apart from the amazing fruits, nuts and produce you can find here. The weather is always gloriously sunny – although it rained for 3 days when we were there in January! So here’s from an insider’s/mixed perspective of things to do for Marrakech. This place is what Arabian night stories are made of – not quite the Middle East, but the rich culture and amazing colours and sounds make the stories come alive.
We rented a villa with friends on Airbnb. Highly recommend Dar Sayang.
There’s so much to do and so little time, so where do we start? here’s a distilled list of Top 10 things to do in marrakech.
1. Jardin Majorelle is on every tourist’s checklist, and it should be. It’s pretty amazing, Yves St Laurent’s home painting in bright hues of blues, yellows and green.
2. Koutoubia Mosque and the landmark tower.
3. A real Hammam experience. The Rough Guides has a great list.
4. Buy lots of spices at the Medina.
5. Jad Mahal for the belly dancing extravaganza over dinner and then a live concert after.
6. Palais Namaskar for it’s beautiful architecture and pretty good food at La Table de Antoine that also serves local cuisine.
7. Tea/drinks at La Mamounia and a walk in the gardens after.
8. Café La Poste in the centre of town for drinks/aperitif. We didn’t eat there, but heard the food is pretty good too.
9. Shopping – the distilled list
10. Café des épices in the Medina, a wonderful rooftop diner’s serving amazing meshwi
dine, marrakech, morocco, shop, sleep, top 10 things, top 10 things to do in marrakech, Travel