Recipe: Gluten Free Banana Bread
This turned out really yum and not too sweet – I didn’t add any additional sugar, just a table spoon of honey and used a bunch of 6 ripe bananas instead of 4, hoping the natural sugars would make up for it. Chef said it wasn’t sweet at all, but was aromatic. It was perfect for me especially if you’re on a low sugar, gluten free programme. In hindsight, I would have added some crushed walnuts.
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (I used 1 cup cassava flour, 1 cup coconut flour)
- teaspoon of salt or more – to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 6 medium bananas
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 table spoon of honey
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup of milk (I used organic rice milk)
-preheat oven at 180ºC
– mash up ripe bananas and add the mixture all together and stir. Grease baking pan before pouring mixture in.
– Though recipes said bake for 50-60mins, my mix was still kind of wet after the toothpick test (maybe too many bananas?), so I had to leave it in the oven for about 90mins before taking it out to cool.
Other suggestions is to add chocolate chips or walnuts, I would probably toast some walnuts, crush them and add them in next time.