Baking is really not my forte because of my lack of precision and I have always relied on boxed brownie mix, before stumbling upon this adapted recipe and with trial and error from this success flourless chocolate cake recipe I’ve made several times.
I started to bake a little more so I could have subjects to shoot for my food styling and photography Skillshare classes which is my constant work in progress.
3/4 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup gluten free all purpose flour
1 cup (8oz bar) bittersweet dark chocolate (already contains 18g sugar)
1/4 tsp + 1/8 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
50g of chocolate chip (bonus and optional!)
1. Preheat oven to 240 degrees – my oven’s maximum. Grease a 9×9 square baking pan, or line it with baking paper.
2. Mix together the butter, sugar and vanilla extract.
3. Add eggs and mix until well combined.
4. Combine flour, dark chocolate, baking powder and salt.
5. Slowly add to the egg mixture until well combined.
6. Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few crumbs.
8. Dust some raw cocoa powder over!
Haven’t quite got it right, trying out variations to add to the mise en scene of the photo!