Recipe: Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
I love banana bread and have tried different recipes and variations but have to say this is my favourite. I have made a healthier version with coconut oil and gluten free flour (I am not intolerant but sensitive). I think the butter and flour type makes a big difference.
- 3-4 very ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- two handfuls of chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of coconut sugar (I actually did away with the sugar since i added chocolate chips, just one teaspoon of manuka honey)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour (i used self raising flour and the effects are equally great!)
1 Preheat the oven to (175°C), and butter a loaf pan.
2 In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
3 Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour.
4 Pour the batter into your loaf pan lubricated with butter. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 175°C,depending on your oven, it might take longer. Use the toothpick test, if it comes out still moist, then it’s not done yet.
5 Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then remove the banana bread from the pan and let cool completely before serving. Slice and serve. (A bread knife helps to make slices that aren’t crumbly.)
I tweaked this from Simply recipes